The audience for this course is data professionals and business intelligence professionals who want to learn how to accurately perform data analysis using Power BI. This course is also targeted toward those individuals who develop reports that visualize data from the data platform technologies that exist on both in the cloud and on-premises.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Create a technical design
• Configure Microsoft Dataverse
• Create and configure Power Apps
• Configure business process automation
• Extend the user experience
• Extend the platform
• Develop integrations
Module 1: Create a model-driven application in Power Apps
This module introduces you to creating a model-driven app in Power Apps that uses Common Data Service.
• Introduction to model-driven apps and Common Data Service
• Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
• Create and manage entities in Common Data Service
• Create and manage fields within an entity in Common Data Service
• Working with option sets in Common Data Service
• Create a relationship between entities in Common Data Service
• Define and create business rules in Common Data Service
• Create and define calculation or rollup fields in Common Data Service
• Get started with security roles in Common Data Service
Module 2: Create a canvas app in Power Apps
This module introduces you to Power Apps, helps you create and customize an app, and then manage and distribute it. It will also show you how to provide the best app navigation, and build the best UI using themes, icons, images, personalization, different form factors, and controls.
• Get started with Power Apps
• Customize a canvas app in Power Apps
• Manage apps in Power Apps
• Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
• How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
• Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
• Document and test your Power Apps application
Module 3: Master advance techniques and data options in canvas apps
This module will help you use advanced formulas, perform custom updates, performance checks and testing. It will also help you to improve user’s experience, use custom connectors and focus on working with data source limits.
• Use imperative development techniques for canvas apps in Power Apps
• Author an advanced formula that uses tables, records, and collections in a canvas app in Power Apps
• Perform custom updates in a Power Apps canvas app
• Complete testing and performance checks in a Power Apps canvas app
• Work with relational data in a Power Apps canvas app
• Work with data source limits (delegation limits) in a Power Apps canvas app
• Connecting to other data in a Power Apps canvas app
• Use custom connectors in a Power Apps canvas app
Module 4: Automate a business process using Power Automate
This module introduces you to Power Automate, teaches you how to build workflows, and how to administer flows.
• Get started with Power Automate
• Build more complex flows with Power Automate
• Introduction to business process flows in Power Automate
• Create an immersive business process flow in Power Automate
• Understand advanced business process flow concepts in Power Automate
• Introduction to expressions in Power Automate
Module 5: Introduction to developing with Power Platform
This module is the first step in learning about platform, tools, and the ecosystem of the Power Platform
• Introduction to Power Platform developer resources
• Use developer tools to extend the Power Platform
• Introduction to extending the Microsoft Power Platform
Module 6: Extending the Power Platform Common Data Service
This module looks at the tools and resources needed for extending the Power Platform. We’ll start with looking at the SDKs, the extensibility model, and event framework. This learning path also covers when to use plug-ins. Configuration of plug-ins as well as registering and deploying plug-ins.
• Introduction to Common Data Service for developers
• Extend plug-ins
Module 7: Extending the Power Platform user experience Model Driven apps
This module describes how to create client scripting, perform common actions with client script, and automate business process flow with client scrip. Learn about what client script can do, rules, and maintaining scripts. Discover when to use client script as well as when not to use client script.
• Introduction to web resources
• Performing common actions with client script
• Automate business process flows with client script
Module 8: Create components with Power Apps Component Framework
This module describes how to get started with Power Apps Component Framework with an introductory module on the core concepts and components. Then it shows you how to build a component and work with advanced Power Apps Component Framework features.
• Get started with Power Apps component framework
• Build a Power Apps component
• Use advanced features with Power Apps component framework
Module 9: Extend Power Apps portals
This module describes how to transform a content portal into a full web app interacting with Common Data Service. We will also cover the options available to customizers and developers to extend the portal functionality and integrate with Office 365, Power Platform, and Azure components.
• Introduction to Power Apps portals
• Access Common Data Service in Power Apps portals
• Extend Power Apps portals
• Build custom Power Apps portals web templates
Module 10: Integrate with Power Platform and Common Data Service
This module describes how to integrate with Common Data Service using code by learning about Common Data Service API. Get an in-depth overview of options available with Common Data Service to integrate data and events to Azure.
• Work with Common Data Service Web API
• Integrate Common Data Service Azure solutions
Click on the following link to see the current Course Schedule
Our minimum class-size is 3 for this course.
If there are no scheduled dates for this course, it can be customized to suit the time and skill needs of clients and it can be held online, at a rented location or at your premises
Click on the following link below to arrange for a custom course: Enquire about a course date
Power Platform is comprised of four key products: Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI and Power Virtual Agents.
Power Apps provides a rapid low code development environment for building custom apps for business needs. It has services, connectors, and a scalable data service and app platform (Common Data Service) to allow simple integration and interaction with existing data. Power Apps enables the creation of web and mobile applications that run on all devices.
People use apps for every area of their lives, and business should be no exception. Most out of the box solutions do not meet exact business needs or integrate well with other business programs. Power Apps eases users into app development with a simple interface so that every business user or pro developer can build custom apps.
Power Automate lets users create automated workflows between applications and services. It helps automate repetitive business processes such as communication, data collections, and decision approvals. Don’t waste important productive hours on drafting the same email for a weekly update or walking approvals through. Not only for the individual user, Power Automate allows for the creation of enterprise-grade process automation. Power Automate’s simple interface allows every level of user to automate work tasks from beginners to seasoned developers.
Power BI (Business Intelligence) is a business analytics service that delivers insights for analyzing data. It can share those insights through data visualizations which make up reports and dashboards to enable fast, informed decisions. Power BI scales across an organization, and it has built-in governance and security allowing businesses to focus on using data more than managing it.
You can consider Power BI as the analysis and insights leg of the Power Platform. It takes business data and allows you to display it in ways that make the most sense to users. A Power BI dashboard could potentially replace a standing meeting to report out on company metrics such as sales data, progress against goals, or employee performance.
Power Virtual Agents
Power Virtual Agents enables anyone to create powerful chatbots using a guided, no-code graphical interface, without the need for data scientists or developers. Power virtual agents address many of the major issues with chatbot building. It eliminates the gap between subject matter experts and the development teams building the chatbots. It removes the complexity of exposing teams to the nuances of conversational AI and the need to write complex code. It minimizes the IT effort required to deploy and maintain a custom conversational solution by empowering subject matter experts to build and maintain their own conversational solutions.
CANCELLATION POLICY – There is never a fee for cancelling seven business days before a class for any reason. Data Vision Systems reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registration or other extenuating circumstances. Participants will be advised prior to doing so.