This course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• General understanding of networking and cloud computing concepts.
• General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment.
• General understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
• Principles of cloud computing
• What is Microsoft 365?
• Select a cloud deployment
Module 2: Microsoft 365 Productivity and Teamwork Capabilities
• Microsoft 365 productivity and teamwork solutions
• Engage employees with Microsoft Stream, Teams, and Yammer
• Get more done with Office across all devices
• File storage and sharing with OneDrive and SharePoint
Module 3: Microsoft 365 Business Management Capabilities
• Manage your business with Microsoft 365
• Simplify device management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
• Get more done and stay secure with Windows 10
• Harness business intelligence with Microsoft 365 analytics and reporting
Module 4: Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance
• Security principles and solution areas
• Identity and access management
• Threat protection
• Cloud security
• Information protection and governance
• Compliance management
• Manage risk, discovery, and audit
Module 5: Microsoft 365 Licensing and Support
• Identify licensing options available in Microsoft 365
• Describe support offerings in Microsoft 365 services
• Describe the service life cycle in Microsoft 365
Our minimum class-size is 3 for this course. Currently, there are no scheduled dates for this course but it can be customized to suit the time schedule and skill needs of clients and may be held online or at our site or your premises.
Click on the following link below to arrange for a custom course: Enquire about a course date
CANCELLATION POLICY – There is never a fee for cancelling seven business days before a class for any reason. Data Vision Systems reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registration or other extenuating circumstances. Participants will be advised prior to doing so.