This four-day course is intended for Windows Server Hybrid Administrators who have experience working with Windows Server and want to extend the capabilities of their on-premises environments by combining on-premises and hybrid technologies. Windows Server Hybrid Administrators implement and manage on-premises and hybrid solutions such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage in a Windows Server hybrid environment.
A candidate for this exam should have extensive experience working with Windows Server operating systems.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Deploy and manage Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in on-premises and cloud environments
• Manage Windows Servers and workloads in a hybrid environment
• Manage virtual machines and containers
• Implement and manage an on-premises and hybrid networking infrastructure
• Manage storage and file services
Module 1: Identity services in Windows Server
In this module, you will learn how to implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a Windows Server environment, and how to implement Group Policy Objects.
• Introduction to AD DS
• Manage AD DS domain controllers and FSMO roles
• Implement Group Policy Objects
• Manage advanced features of AD DS
• Lab 01 – Implementing identity services and Group Policy
Module 2: Implementing identity in hybrid scenarios
In this module, you will learn how to configure an Azure environment to support Windows IaaS workloads requiring Active Directory, and how to integrate on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) environment into Azure.
• Implement hybrid identity with Windows Server
• Deploy and manage Azure IaaS Active Directory domain controllers in Azure
• Lab 02 – Implementing integration between AD DS and Azure AD
Module 3: Windows Server administration
In this module, you will learn about performing Windows Server secure administration and post-installation configuration of Windows Server.
• Perform Windows Server secure administration
• Describe Windows Server administration tools
• Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server
• Just Enough Administration in Windows Server
• Lab 03 – Managing Windows Server
Module 4: Facilitating hybrid management
In this module, you will learn how to facilitate remote management of Windows IaaS VMs, how to use Azure Arc with on-premises server instances, how to deploy Azure policies with Azure Arc, and how to use role-based access control (RBAC) to restrict access to Log Analytics data.
• Administer and manage Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machine remotely
• Manage hybrid workloads with Azure Arc
• Lab 04 – Using Windows Admin Center in hybrid scenarios
Module 5: Hyper-V virtualization in Windows Server
In this module, you will learn how to implement and configure Hyper-V VMs and containers. You will also learn about security technologies used with used with virtualization, such as shielded VMs, Host Guardian Service, admin-trusted and TPM-trusted attestation, and KPS.
• Configure and manage Hyper-V
• Configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines
• Secure Hyper-V workloads
• Run containers on Windows Server
• Orchestrate containers on Windows Server using Kubernetes
• Lab 05 – Implementing and configuring virtualization in Windows Server
Module 6: Deploying and configuring Azure VMs
In this module, you will learn how to how to deploy Azure VMs, create new VMs from generalized images and templates, and deploy Desired State Configuration (DSC) extensions.
• Plan and deploy Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
• Customize Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machine images
• Automate the configuration of Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
• Lab 06 – Deploying and configuring Windows Server on Azure VMs
Module 7: Network infrastructure services in Windows Server
In this module, you will learn how to implement core network infrastructure services in Windows Server, such as DHCP and DNS, implement IP address management, and use Remote Access Services.
• Deploy and manage DHCP
• Implement Windows Server DNS
• Implement IP Address Management
• Implement remote access
• Lab 07 – Implementing and configuring network infrastructure services in Windows Server
Module 8: Implementing hybrid networking infrastructure
In this module, you will learn how to connect an on-premises environment to Azure, configure DNS for Windows Server IaaS virtual machines, and manage Microsoft Azure virtual networks and IP address configuration for Windows Server IaaS virtual machines.
• Implement hybrid network infrastructure
• Implement DNS for Windows Server IaaS VMs
• Implement Windows Server IaaS VM IP addressing and routing
• Lab 08 – Implementing Windows Server IaaS VM networking
Module 9: File servers and storage management in Windows Server
In this module, you will learn how to how to configure and manage the Windows File Server role, use Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct, and replicate volumes between servers or clusters using Storage Replica.
• Manage Windows Server file servers
• Implement Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct
• Implement Windows Server Data Deduplication
• Implement Windows Server iSCSI
• Implement Windows Server Storage Replica
• Lab 09 – Implementing storage solutions in Windows Server
Module 10: Implementing a hybrid file server infrastructure
In this module, you will learn how to configure connectivity to Azure Files, deploy and implement Azure File Sync, and manage cloud-tiering.
• Overview of Azure file services
• Implementing Azure File Sync
• Lab 10 – Implementing Azure File Sync
Click on the following link to see the current Course Schedule
Our minimum class-size is 3 for this course.
If there are no scheduled dates for this course, it can be customized to suit the time and skill needs of clients and it can be held online, at a rented location or at your premises.
Click on the following link below to arrange for a custom course: Enquire about a course date
CANCELLATION POLICY – There is never a fee for cancelling seven business days before a class for any reason. Data Vision Systems reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registration or other extenuating circumstances. Participants will be advised prior to doing so.